Pick the best ontologico-epistemological one-liner!

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 19 16:51:57 UTC 2008

Franci S. Haserot, _Essays on the Language of Being_ (N.Y.: Macmillan, 1932): "The present is the sine qua non of the past. Hence...the past of any present is determined by the relations of that present."

Margaret Atwood, _In Search of Alias Grace_ (Ottawa: U. of Ottawa Press, 1997):
"The past belongs to us, because we are the ones who need it."

Michael Gondry, _Be Kind, Rewind_ (2008): "The past belongs to us! We can change it if we want!"

Something in the air?  Or just in the water?

JL