Media inquiry: "a hop, skip and a jump"

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Wed Jul 23 21:02:56 UTC 2008

Brendan O'Connor kindly replied to my question about whether the interview mentioned below was ever published:
"It will appear in our next issue, along with quotes from our emails regarding etymology of term. It's for recurring feature we do called Answer Guy where emphasis is on how we manage to get the answer as opposed to answer itself. ..."

Gerald Cohen                                                                                                                                                gcohen at mst.edu

________________________________

From: Cohen, Gerald Leonard
Sent: Wed 7/23/2008 3:20 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Cc: Brendan.OConnor at espn3.com; bapopik at aol.com
Subject: Re: Media inquiry: "a hop, skip and a jump"

My thanks to Brendan O'Connor for his reply just below, viz. that the suspected creek-crossing rationale for "a hop, ski/step and a jump" (a short distance) was voiced in an interview with Penn Relays director Dave Johnson.  Might I now ask Mr. O'Connor whether that interview was ever published.

Gerald Cohen
gcohen at mst.edu