Is it Irish to be Cuil?

Wed Jul 30 13:02:49 UTC 2008

"Cuil", and certainly "Cuill" as anything close to cool sounds like a
Scottish Gaelic pronunciation to me.  I remember when I was \trying
to pronounce Gaelic names and such, a colleague of mine said that in
most (not all) cases, when you have a di- or trigraph spelling of a
vowel, usually the first symbol (first two for trigraphs like aoi)
shows the quality of the vowel, the second, the