Humorous disease names

Thu Jun 5 14:48:19 UTC 2008

My wife, who as far as I know has never read SF, uses zorch to mean basically the same as whatchamacallit, especially when referring to automotive problems of undiagnosed origin - "It's the zorch": crumulated munchilator is another favorite term.  She has done this for the near 40 years I have known her.  I heard her father, a machinist in the Navy in WWII and habile home-mechanic, use these terms, and I assume they went from father to daughter rather than vice versa.