OT: From The 'Names Parents Lumber Their Kids With' Department

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Sun Jun 8 20:49:09 UTC 2008

Way OT, but as Randy noted earlier, hey, it's the weekend
and there's not a lot else going on:

An article in today's LA Times entitled 'Me Without My Hajib,"
mentioned a friend of the Iraqi author, presently a grad student
at the U of Missouri School of Journalism. The friend, a student
at Boston U., is named _Dahlia Lamy_.
While not nearly as bad as some names I've encountered, this one
seems destined to provoke shrieks of laughter even in Iraq, where
the Dali Lama may be less well known than he is in, say, the US.
But I'd (Ti)bet you don't see many American girls with that name!
dh