ADS-L Digest - 7 Jun 2008 to 8 Jun 2008 (#2008-161)

Your Name ROSESKES at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 9 05:13:11 UTC 2008

<< I'm working on a piece for my parenting column. Does anyone know  any
words that go in the same category as booboo, owie, and  ouchie?>>

In my preschool-age memories, one of my grandmothers would say, "a  hurt."
My peers would say, "a sore."  My mother was a nurse,  and would use the
correct terms for the type of injury: bruise, cut, abrasion,  etc., no matter how
young we were.  Or, for a bruise she might say,  "black-and-blue mark."

Hope this helps!

Rosemarie

You're as young now as you'll ever  be!

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.