"Regional speech may be fading, but..."

Marc Velasco marcjvelasco at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 21 15:44:04 UTC 2008

[slightly OT] on intra-regional variation:

A observation related to me the other day.  Apparently, in Moore County, NC,
the accent/dialect from the 'hinterlands' of the county is markedly more
rural, and country-sounding, than the relatively urbane and cosmopolitan
Cameron.  At least this was the case 15-20 years ago when the storyteller
was growing up there.