Heard on The Judges: "toot powder"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 23 17:21:26 UTC 2008

Black, female speaker, ca.35y.o., describing her former life:

"I'm a recovering addict, your honor. From the age of eighteen to 33,
I drank, smoked weed, ..., _tooted powder_, ..."

It's fairly obvious that she means that she used to do lines of coke,
but I've never heard it expressed it this way before. It's also
unknown to the Urban Dictionary and there are only 36 Google hits,
with only one relevant example:

"Since then, he's admitted to extramarital affairs and now he's
confessed to being a pothead and he said that he used to _'toot
powder'_ or use cocaine ..."

The other 35 examples are of "toot" and "powder" used individually as
slang terms for cocaine or of misspellings of "foot powder."

-Wilson
-----
 -Sam'l Clemens