fake American dialects (Society Listserv?)

Marc Velasco marcjvelasco at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 24 02:27:41 UTC 2008

One of the better jobs (imho) of a fake American accent was English actor
Dominic West off of 'The Wire.'  He's not merely pulling off 'generic
American' but doing a passable job at the subtle Baltimorean dialect.  One
episode in series 2, he had to pull off a local Baltimore street cop, trying
to imitate his idea of a British accent.  Has anyone else ever had to
pretend to be themself?  I'm sure it's happened before, but I estimate it's
rather rare.