in USA Today

LanDi Liu strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 25 04:18:11 UTC 2008

Note that according to the poll on the left side of the page,
"boyfriend or girlfriend" is the overwhelming majority (41%).  I've
always used these terms as they don't bother me at all, and I even see
them as positive.  If an 80 year old woman has a "boyfriend", I think
that adds a measure to her youthfulness.

Randy

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Arnold M. Zwicky
<zwicky at csli.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Arnold M. Zwicky" <zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU>
> Subject:      in USA Today
>
> Jesse Sheidlower, Dennis Baron, Grant Barrett, me...
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2008-06-22-adult-dating-descriptor_N.htm

Randy Alexander
Jilin City, China
My Manchu studies blog: