Heard on The Judges

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 1 03:33:00 UTC 2008

Gee, G, that very complimentary! But, to be frank, the idea of writing
a book, even of compilations, scares me, literally. I was never able
to complete my thesis, remember? And there, I was basically the only
person who could be discomfitted by my failure. If I had other people
dependent on my coming through with a finished product or on my
meeting some deadline, I'd probably really choke.

But, I won't say no, at least not yet. Needless to say, I'm really
quite flattered, even honored, by the suggestion. Thank you!

-Wilson

On 2/28/08, Cohen, Gerald Leonard <gcohen at mst.edu> wrote:
>  Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>
> Poster:       "Cohen, Gerald Leonard" <gcohen at MST.EDU>
>  Subject:      Re: Heard on The Judges
>
>  Hmmm. That's an idea.  Wilson, would you be interested in compiling your material?  Sounds like a book of interest to both scholars/lexicographers and laymen.
>
>  G.

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens