"trustworthy" 'trusting'

Tue Mar 4 18:27:33 UTC 2008

actor Chris Cooper on Fresh Air today: "very trustworthy of his wife",
clearly meaning 'very trusting'.

55 google webhits (dupes removed) for {"very trustworthy of"}, among
them some like the Cooper quote:

   Oracles connected with snakes were consulted in Greece and
elsewhere for important decisions, which seems very trustworthy of
people with "highs".
www.sacred-texts.com/bos/bos287.htm

   He becomes very trustworthy of his people much like Duncan was at
the beginning of the play before his death.
blakewilson.wordpress.com/2007/12/06/macbeth-shakespeare/

there seem to be more examples of an intermediate sort: "be
trustworthy of X" 'find X trustworthy, be trusting of X':

   May 18, 2007 ... "People in general aren't very trustworthy of
businesses," said Charles Moore, executive director of the Committee
Encouraging Corporate ...
www.iht.com/articles/2007/05/17/business/mmanage19.php

    "All of the children here are very trustworthy of you," Najibullah
said, looking at McDonnell, the U.S. Green Beret in charge of training
his country's new ...
www.groups.sfahq.com/3rd/mc_donnell_afgan_31_05_03.htm

   I also want to say that I felt very trustworthy of Dieters Hagen
Chimney Company while they were at my home.
www.dietershagen.com/letters_of_reference.htm

   I am very trustworthy of my knowledge on the breed and think i am
fully capable of answering any question given to me. ...
en.allexperts.com/q/Akita-3357/

there's a similar range of meanings for "trustworthy towards".

arnold