Heard on The Judges

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 4 23:09:43 UTC 2008

I looked at those iMDB transcriptions and found them to be too fucked
up for me to need to pay any attention to them. After all, I'm coming
from my own native dialect, not from someone else's. I'd have to see
the script itself, before I'd modify my claim and, perhaps, I wouldn't
do it, then, since the movie was made by white people, for white
people, to suit white people's taste. I grew up in Saint Louis in the
'Forties and 'Fifties and Judge Mathis grew up in Detroit in the
'Sixties and 'Seventies and we both agree that "laid to the bone"
means "sharp as a skeeter's peter."

That's good enough for me.

Did you see the TV-show re-run last night, wherein the white cop asks
the white witness something like, "Well, what did the guy look like?"
And said white witness answers something like, "Oh, you know. He just
looked _normal_." "Do you smell what The Wil is cooking?" to
paraphrase Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

-Wilson

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC
<Bill.Mullins at us.army.mil> wrote:
>  Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>  Poster:       "Mullins, Bill AMRDEC" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
>  Subject:      Re: Heard on The Judges

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens