Unicode test

Wed Mar 5 03:12:25 UTC 2008

This has been going on for quite a while. Is there any way that those who are
interested in this stuff could take the discussion out of ADS-L? I know I can
  simply use the delete button, but that is not so easy with a blackberry.

In a message dated 3/4/08 9:19:27 PM, douglas at NB.NET writes:

> > Damn! Not for me, either.
> The first set of characters recently sent by  LanDi Liu appear OK (with
> "UTF-8" encoding) in the Web archive, so the listserv got them. The
> second set is partially corrupt in the archive, as with one of my
> earlier attempts, but it's all different gibberish as quoted by BB (this
> message showing ISO-8859-1 encoding).
>
> I think one must watch the outgoing text encoding and the view setting
> carefully. Some e-mail clients automatically change the encoding or the
> view setting. And then I think there's still room for trouble, either
> because of cut-and-paste problems, processing anomalies at the listserv,
> or whatever. I hope some expert can be more definitive.
>
> -- Doug Wilson

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money &
Finance.
      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)