distance linguistics courses

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Mar 20 00:48:08 UTC 2008

I'm just curious as to whether, and if so from where, one can take
accredited, worthwhile university credit courses in linguistics
online or by other distance education means. I'm aware that MIT makes
many course materials available free online, but as far as I know you
can't get credit for their courses unless you're a regular student
showing up in person etc. -- i.e., you can't register and take the
courses online. Or am I wrong? And what about elswhere? US, Canada,
UK, Australia, NZ?

Thanks,
James Harbeck.