FW: Sports Illustrated digital on Thursday--Free!

Thu Mar 20 15:20:43 UTC 2008

It's Thursday, I can't find "the Vault" on SI's home
page, and the Search engine turns up nothing.  Is it
there?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/17/business/media/17mags.html?_r=1&dpc&oref=slogin

<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/yahoo_inc/index.html?inline=nyt-org>
>  Sports and others, has something its main rivals do
> not: a 53-year trove of articles and photos, most of
> it from an era when the magazine dominated the field
> of long-form sports writing and color sports
> photography.

> On Thursday, the magazine will introduce the Vault,
> a free site within SI.com <http://si.com/>  that
> contains all the words Sports Illustrated has ever
> published and many of the images, along with video
> and other material, in a searchable database.
>

>                 #   #   #

> The American Dialect Society -
> http://www.americandialect.org

                               |or slowly and cautiously.