pegged > pecked an eggcorn?

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 24 16:08:22 UTC 2008

Odd kind of typo, then. <gg> -> <ck>? That's not plausible as a
typographical error, only as a slip of the mind. I'd accept it as a
transcription or a speako -- mistakenly dictating the wrong word-- if there
is evidence that it was dictated, either to a human or to SR software.

Now, I know I mistakenly type homophones or near-homophones instead of the
words I want, so a slip of that sort is a real possibility. But this example
could also be the result of a misheard idiom, a nascent eggcorn.

m a m