Heard on The Judges

Dan Goodman dsgood at IPHOUSE.COM
Mon Mar 24 18:48:55 UTC 2008

David Bowie wrote:

> No, just included year of birth 'cause the area i grew up in has been
> going through some pretty severe and rapid linguistic changes over the
> last century--so the *when* is pretty much as important as the where for
> that community.

Mine also:  The "big city" about fifteen miles away (Kingston NY) has
(I'm told) been taken over by the New York Metropolitan Dialect.
Perhaps there will be a time when to hear someone speaking my dialect,
I'll have to listen to recordings of Rod Serling.

And my family spent a couple of winters in the Miami area, back when
Cuban-Americans there tended to be politically left of center.

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."