Heard on the Today Show

Wed Mar 26 15:05:31 UTC 2008

Would the Brits say, "... for whom she is going to do"?

-----Original Message-----
From: Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>

Date:         Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:19:37
To:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject:      [ADS-L] Heard on the Today Show

"She can't wait to vote, but _she refuses to tell us for whom she's going to_."

I can't find anything wrong with this sentence, but it's different,
somehow, even ignoring the stricture that ending a sentence with a
preposition is something up with which one should not put. You kinda
expect:

"... she refuses to tell us for who(m)."

"... she refuses to tell us who(m) she's going to vote for."

"... she refuses to tell us who for."

-Wilson
-----
 -Sam'l Clemens