Jesse Sheidlower on Morning Edition

Barbara Need nee1 at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Mar 27 20:12:28 UTC 2008

Oh no, I don't think Maggie had anything to do with it. I learned the
word in the early 70s in eastern MA and I asked my mother what it
meant (and why it was a word I shouldn't use!). She certainly
mentioned the sexual connotation as part of her explanation.

Barbara

Barbara Need