Hi!

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 6 01:29:31 UTC 2008

Lili is "my" kitty, who very much resents my wife. "Her" kitty, Rose,
pretty much doesn't care about my existence, unless I'm careless
enough to be standing near something closer to our twelve-foot-high
ceiling than the top of my head. In such a case, Rose leaps from the
floor to approximately the small of my back, claws her way to my
shoulders, and springs thence to the greater height.

Merely startling, if I'm wearing my terrycloth robe. Otherwise, quite
painful, if I'm wearing only a T-shirt. The scars on my back make it
look as though someone has had at it with a cat-o'-nine-tails. <har!
har!>

Ever notice that cats ordinarily never use their claws on bare skin?

-Wilson

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu> wrote:
>  Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>  Poster:       Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
>  Subject:      Re: Hi!
>
>  At 3:56 PM -0400 5/5/08, Wilson Gray wrote:
>  >NOOOOO!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! I beg everyone's pardon.
>  >
>  >-Wilson
>
>  Including Sugar's, we trust--except on the off-chance that Lili is,
>  perhaps, not a member of our species...
>
>  LH
>
>  >
>  >On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >>  ---------------------- Information from the mail header
>  >>-----------------------
>  >>   Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>  >>   Poster:       Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
>  >>   Subject:      Hi!
>  >>
>  >>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>   Hi, sugar!
>  >>       How are you? I'm just finishing up the last of the pizza. As
>  >>   usual, when you're not here, I have a VERY hard time going to bed. I
>  >>   got to bed at about 5:30, this morning and got up about 2:40, this
>  >>   afternoon. Yesterday, I got the papers and some apple juice instead of
>  >>   the red juice, since the former is healthier, being nothing but apple
>  >>   juice. The red juice has sugar added, plus it leaves a certain crummy
>  >>   feeling in my mouth. So, I'm switching. The apple juice isn't as
>  >>   tasty, but, since I can't truly taste, anyway, I figure, what the hey.
>  >>
>  >>   How are you, sweetie? Is the heat on in your room? Are you still
>  >>   having a bad time?
>  >>
>  >>   As predicted, Lili has been sleeping  with me, whenever I'm in bed.
>  >>
>  >>   Love you & miss you,
>  >>
>  >>   -Wilson
>  >>   --
>  >>   All say, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange complaint to
>  >>   come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
>  >>   -----
>  >>    -Sam'l Clemens
>  >>
>  >>   ------------------------------------------------------------
>  >>   The American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org
>  >>
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >--
>  >All say, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange complaint to
>  >come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
>  >-----
>  >  -Sam'l Clemens
> [...]

-----
 -Sam'l Clemens