neat phrases from Kent Desormeaux

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue May 6 15:09:56 UTC 2008

At 10:49 AM -0400 5/6/08, Charles Doyle wrote:
>Perhaps a related question: Horse racing is considered a SPORT (it's
>written about in the sports pages of newspapers); but which is the
>ATHLETE--the horse, the jockey, the owner?
>
>--Charlie

Secretariat had a high ranking--I forget which--in ESPN's "100
greatest athletes" ranking.  But jockeys are considered athletes too.
Owners aren't, they're owners (as with team sports).  Then there are
the trainers, who should be considered like managers/coaches, but I
guess are considered trainers.

LH