"kin" for can

William Warren celtman at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 6 21:23:58 UTC 2008

  Perhaps my question should be directed to your newbies list since I am not a professional or student linguist:

       many people in Michigan ,my late father from SW Michigan and a late uncle- first husband of my maternal aunt in rural Perry ,and a naval recruiter in Lansing pronounce "can" -the verb- as "kin". Could anyone tell me anything about what dialect this would be ?