New language/dialect blog

LanDi Liu strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 12 11:20:41 UTC 2008

For those of you who think of this as the [American [Dialect Society]].  : )

Some fellow linguistics enthusiasts and I have started a new blog that looks
into the dying Manchu language, and the possible influence it had on
Mandarin.

Introductory post on Beijing Sounds (where it sprang out of):
http://www.bjshengr.com/bjs/?p=117

(Beijing Sounds is a blog that looks into the Beijing dialect of Mandarin.)

The first post, introducing what we're up to:
http://www.bjshengr.com/manchu/?p=4

And my post, documenting my trip to the Manchu village of Wulajie:
http://www.bjshengr.com/manchu/?p=3

Enjoy!

(This won't be the "new post every day" kind of blog; maybe one every two
weeks or so.)

--
Randy Alexander
Jilin City, China