"Your ass is grass ...

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 29 00:06:25 UTC 2008

"... and I'm the lawnmower."

This was discussed here a while ago, but, as far as I can tell from
cursorily checking the archives, no dating was supplied.

IAC, these words were spoken by the late, great Murray "Sgt. Clyde"
Hamilton to the late, great Tab "Rct. Andy Sheaffer" Hunter in the
1956 movie, _The Girl He Left Behind._.

I don't know whether this line was made up for the movie by Guy
Troper, the screenwriter. If not, it's probably older than 1956

-Wilson

-----
 -Sam'l Clemens