Obama and indefinite articles

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 8 01:51:03 UTC 2008

Obama gave a terrific post election speech in Chicago Nov 4, 2008
http://sillyurl.com/axed-yams-sap-shy-pugs
His dialect is good General American media quality.
I made a few observations.  His choices of pronunciation are all very common US ones.

There   as ~ther   (~er as in “her”)
Wonders    as ~wunders not a ~z for plural.
Answer     as ~antser
Hours    as ~aawers – again ~s instead of ~z
Different     ~difrint
Republican    with ~ri instead of ~ree
Collection   ~kullekshin
Always    as ~aulwaez   did not “awe drop” and used ~z plural
Can    as ~kin    this is common
Coming   as ~kumin
Evening   ~eevnin
Fought    ~faat    awe dropped
All    ~aul   not awe dropped
To    as ~tue but also ~tu    (~u as in up)
Gracious   as ~graeshus   instead of ~is
Imagine    as ~immajin   instead of ~eemmajin
I    as ~aa  (as in Saab)
Nation   as ~naeshin and also ~naeshoon  (~ae as in Mae and ~oo as in wood)
Watching   as ~waachin
Think   as ~thheenk   (~thh is voiceless th)
Forever   as ~ferrever
Forget   as ~fergget  (stress after double consonant)
Belongs   as ~billaungz   instead of ~bee
Rejected    as ~rijjektid   instead of ~ree
Perfect   as ~perfik
Tonight   as ~tunniet   (~ie as in tie)
Tomorrow   as ~tummaaroe
Bitter    as ~bider
Deserts   ~deserts   not ~zerts
Won’t    as ~woent   instead uv ~wuent  (~ue as in true)
Will     as ~wool   (~ool as in wool)
False    as ~fauls   no t
Began   as ~beeggan
Resist   as ~rizist
Twenty   as ~twunee
Spirit   as ~spirit    instead of ~speerit
Liberty    as ~liberdee
Humility    as ~hyuemmilidee
Unity    as ~yuenidee
Vote    as ~voe’  (~oe as in toe and glottal t)
Support   as ~suppor’
Ballot    as ~bali’
Unyielding    as ~unyyeeldeeng  this time ~eeng
Singular   as ~seengyueler   instead of ~sin
Defeat   as ~diffeet  instead of ~dee
Genius   as  ~jeenyus   instead of ~yis
Election   as ~illekshin
Pressed   as ~prest
Times   as ~taams
Call    as ~kaul   no awe drop
Can’t   as ~kant
Children     as ~chooldrin   instead of  ~chil