porno as a count noun

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Nov 13 23:06:38 UTC 2008

Oh, we were using "porno" as a count noun to refer to pornographic
movies back when I was in high school in Alberta in the early '80s. I
would think uses somewhat older than that are available. For me,
"porno" isn't a mass object (Porno for Pyros notwithstanding); that's
"porn," which isn't a count noun. Either can be used as a modifier.

I'nm my subsequent moves (Boston '92-'97, Toronto '97-now) I haven't
noted a difference in usage. Not that I hear or see the words
everyday and all the time.

James Harbeck.