Go soak your head

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Nov 14 14:16:25 UTC 2008

Does it make sense to tell someone else to "hit, strike" his own
head?  My association is with some notion of shame, embarrassment,
telling the other person to shame or perhaps improve (his head, his
thinking) by wetting it with something.  But from what curing liquid
that wetting notion arises from I have no idea.

By the way, I prefer the useful expression "He is now the editor of a
small, very weakly paper."  :-)   I can easily see an 18th century
newspaper printer/editor writing that about a rival for whom he has contempt.

Joel