Party-Colored -- Two Distinctly Different Definitions

Doug_Harris cats22 at STNY.RR.COM
Mon Nov 17 00:34:42 UTC 2008

"Party colored male 7weeks old shih tzu for sale"
That's the headline on an e-mail I received today. I was curious, so I
googled 'party-colored'.
19K + hits. Not a _lot_, but a surprising number.
More surprising was the fact that two strikingly different definitions
exist -- one have to doing with shading something in favor of a political
party, the other explained photographically under one of the google hits,
this one entitled "What is a party-colored poodle?"
The dog in question, on in answer, as it were, has irregular color spots
that are reminiscent of a clown's suit. I guess 'party colored' sounds
better to some ears than _clown-spotted_.
dh