Q: animal "produce"?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Nov 23 13:53:50 UTC 2008

I'm afraid "meat" doesn't work for me because I
do distinguish it from "fish" (which is in a
separate section of my supermarché) and from
"poultry".  I suspect that in certain places and
times, one would go to three different
shops.  And -- pace Wamba -- "meat" is too Saxon
to go alongside "produce".  :-)

Although I must admit I hadn't thought of honey
or eggs.  I might use "produce and animal
products", although that reads
awkwardly.  Perhaps I will be reduced to
"plantation products" -- although that may be
broader than I'd like, since it would include non-edible things.

Joel