"Biting the big one"

Mon Oct 6 17:39:08 UTC 2008

This means either to die or to suck for me. My recollection is use in
junior high, maybe high school late 70s or early 80s in Seattle,
though I don't really recall it being popular.

Googling, I found one hit for "bit the Big Kahuna" referring to a
computer dying and five hits for "bites the big k(K)ahuna" meaning
"sucks."

Six hits for "bite the big k(K)ahuna" yield both meanings plus "pay
out a lot of money."

---
die:
Greg's computer bit the Big Kahuna last week. One morning, it just
refused to boot.
(by Karen Norteman aka blogdog 5/18/08 @ http://saltysheepdog.blogspot.com/2008/05/rough-masters-and-masterpieces.html)
---
die or fuck off (imperative)
QT haters please go bite the big Kahuna.
(Flynn 7/25/08 @ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328646)
---
suck:
I love my wife dearly. She is my best friend. She is my equal in all
things EXCEPT her choice in movies. Yes, she s a horror fan so we at
least have a genre in common but her choice in movies bites the big
Kahuna Tuna.
(by shmoo1 10/10/07 @ http://catalog.ebay.com/_W0QQ_fclsZ1QQ_pidZ57250399QQ_tabZ3QQ_uvidZ10000000004574357)
---
suck:
While I will say that the fail2ban documentation really bites the big
kahuna, the program seems to be pretty rock solid.
(by percykwong 5/5/08 @ http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/open-discussion/just-bit-advice-those-who-have-their-trixboxes-internet)
---
pay out a lot of money:
Yep, it gave my new little camera that meaty D series feel that my man
hands have come accustomed to without having to bite the big Kahuna
and lay out for a D2x...
(by Buzz Bussino April-May edition of Photo Flash @ www.scacc.us/PhotoFlash/2007/PhotoFlash_Apr-May.pdf)

  BB