You really do never? / don't ever? know!

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 7 14:53:36 UTC 2008

The three guys were actually out on the water on their boards and
literally surfing. It was unclear as to whether the children - who
themselves would now be fat-and-forty (Damn! Time flies, whether or
not you're having a good time) - of the white kids on the bus were
waiting on the beach, ready to "put foot."

-Wilson

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Doug_Harris <cats22 at stny.rr.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Doug_Harris <cats22 at STNY.RR.COM>
> Subject:      Re: You really do never? / don't ever? know!
>
> So, who was doing the ass-kicking?
> dh
>
> Subject: OT: You really do never? / don't ever? know!
>
> Among the many anecdotes that I've posted is one about a group of
> black kids in L.A. encountering a group of white kids with surfboards.
> The black kids have no idea what these apparatus are. One of the white
> kids explains the surfboards and their use. Then he asks, "Don't you
> guys surf?"
>
> BK: "Man, you ever seen a blood [a clip of "blood brother" or of
> "youngblood" or of both; it's hard to know, for certain] (small "b,"
> since this anecdote - 1964 - predates the formation of the famous gang
> by about a dekkid) surf?"
>
> WK: "No."
>
> BK: "Well, if you do, you kick his ass!"
>

> About ten minutes ago, I saw a commercial featuring what appear to be
> three fat-and-forty bloods surfing. They could have been native
> Hawaiians, but ...
>
> -Wilson

-----
-Mark Twain