"bottle in front of me" (close, but no cigar) (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wed Oct 8 15:04:57 UTC 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

"To the Editors of the Supporter" [letter to editor] _The Supporter_,
(Chillicothe, OH) Thursday, July 06, 1809; page 2; col C

[A list of toasts appropriate to the 4th of July]

"Champaine to our real friends, and real pain to our sham friends."

Note:  the previous column on the same page, in reference to an
accusation of rape, was headlined "RAPE-MASTER GENERAL AGAIN!".