more fan-hitting

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Sun Oct 12 13:24:56 UTC 2008

From:    Mark Mandel <thnidu at GMAIL.COM>

<snip>

> (Zelazny kept doing this kind of thing. In _Nine Princes in Amber_
> there's another tale involving disgusting habits and leading up to
> "There once was a hermit named Dave..." That tale ends there, with the
> reader shuddering and groaning.)

Wow! I just googled this, since i figured there had to be more to the
"hermit named Dave" reference than the only reference i had for it: The
Ray Stevens song that started with that line.[1] Little did i know what
that song (which amused me to no end as a kid) *really* sprang from...

[1] From 1,837 Seconds of Humor, which also gave the world "Ahab the
Arab" and "Jeremiah Peabody's Poly Unsaturated Quick Dissolving Fact
Acting [something something] Green and Purple Pills".

--
David Bowie                               University of Central Florida