ADS-L Digest - 9 Oct 2008 to 10 Oct 2008 (#2008-285)

Your Name ROSESKES at AOL.COM
Mon Oct 13 17:43:49 UTC 2008

In a message dated 10/11/2008 12:14:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
LISTSERV at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU writes:

"For the money never comes!"
appeared, and i realized  it was "domani", not "the money".

It's true that "domani" is Italian for "tomorrow."  And I'm pretty  sure it's
also true that Perry Como was of Italian descent.  As am I.   Even so, if I
heard a song mostly in English, I'd assume I was hearing English  thru'out.
Esp. because it makes sense to say, "Forget about the money, for  the money
never comes!"

Point being: Is anyone sure he was singing "domani" and not "the  money"?

Rosemarie

Happy Anniversary to us! 30 down, 70 to  go!