"laying a predicate"

Sam Clements SClements at NEO.RR.COM
Sun Oct 19 23:53:32 UTC 2008

>From today's interview of John McCain by Chris Wallace.

"We know that when you have unlimited amounts of money - in this case $200 million unreported - and there's already been stories of people who have made small contributions multiple times and all that. I'm saying it's laying a predicate for the future that can be very dangerous," McCain told host Chris Wallace in a live interview from Ohio on Sunday morning, blasting the Illinois senator for not voluntarily disclosing his small donors, as McCain has done.

Any help on what John really meant to say?

Sam Clements