weird (s.o.) out (1970)

Katharine The Grate katharinethegrate at COMCAST.NET
Sat Oct 25 01:32:36 UTC 2008

It's in my journal.  People I used to like were weirding me out.  In
the fall of 1970.

Katharine in N. California

> OED (draft addition Nov. 2003) has transitive "weird out" from
> 1972. This is
> from Google Book Search (snippet view, but it looks legit):
>
> 1970 Peter de Lissovoy _Feelgood: A Trip in Time and Out_ 177 It was
> weirding her out to have me around as a member of the house.
>

> --Ben Zimmer

"All these people talk so eloquently about getting back to good old-
fashioned values. Well, as an old poop I can remember back to when we
had those old-fashioned values, and I say let's get back to the good
old-fashioned First Amendment of the good old-fashioned Constitution
of the United States -- and to hell with the censors! Give me
knowledge or give me death!"
-- Kurt Vonnegut, author