play the [blank] card

Marc Velasco marcjvelasco at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 27 14:06:54 UTC 2008

Here's a technical question.
Say I'm looking for all the variations of the phrase: 'play the [blank]
card' as it exists in political circles.  There's the race-card,
gender-card, victim-card, sexist-card, the skewed-coverage card and even the
"granpa Simpson" card.

My question is how to best enumerate this set.

if I type in "played the * card" google informs me there are ~ 1.5 million
results.  What are efficient ways to delve into this set.... or should I be
using a different approach or database altogether?