The Hathi Trust

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Sep 16 21:50:20 UTC 2008

At 9/16/2008 05:20 PM, Benjamin Zimmer wrote:
>Of vital interest to ADS-L'ers who have been stymied by Google Book Search:
>
>http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=602

Thanks.  I am endeavoring to determine whether one can also access
CIC documents via Harvard's Hollis catalog.  It has a Title "The CIC
electronic journals collection [computer file]" but the link does not work.

You closed with
>(By the way, the Hathi Trust FAQ explains that hathi is "the Hindi
>word for elephant, an animal highly regarded for its memory, wisdom,
>and strength.")

I hope that will not also mean "ponderousness", as in "doesn't find
'Jamaica' with 'Indies'."

Joel