Analyze word and phrase frequency

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 4 15:13:42 UTC 2009

The word counter is good.  It results in what looks like a spreadsheet, which is good, but I need to be able to copy/paste it into a regular spreadsheet.  Problem - Only one line can be selected at a time.  Not good.  Anyone else have that problem?

http://lifehacker.com/5190716/primitive-word-counter-analyzes-word-and-phrase-frequency

To download it click on the blue word "link" at middle right.

Computers do a great job at counting words.  So we need to define what computer counted words "compwords" are.

1.  A letter string bordered by spaces.
2.  Intelligible (no typos).
3.  Does not include numbers, punctuation, acronyms.
4.  Two-word words (like tidal wave) are two words.
5.  Hyphens count as spaces so hyphenated words are two words.
6.  Reattach hyphenated words at end of line (or ignore).
7.  Single letters followed by periods are not words.
any more?

see truespel.com