Linguistics adjuncting in Florida

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Fri Apr 24 14:22:35 UTC 2009

Hey all--

As a couple of you on this list already know, I'm going to be leaving
the University of Central Florida for the University of Alaska Anchorage
this summer. It's a cordial move, and as part of that cordiality I've
been asked to informally mention to colleagues that this opens up
adjuncting possibilities in linguistics for at least the next academic
year at UCF.

The basic requirements are a terminal degree in the field (which means,
as I understand it, either in linguistics or in another field,
preferably English, with a decent amount of graduate linguistics
coursework), and an actual physical presence in Orlando, Florida during
the term.

Anyway, if you're interested, or if you know someone who'd be
interested, let me know at dbowie at mail.ucf.edu, and I'll get you in
touch with the people at the appropriate administrative levels for more
information on things like the pay scale, courses available, and the like.

--
David Bowie                               University of Central Florida