NYTimes.com: A Long Wait for Another Shot at Broadway

Ann Burlingham ann at BURLINGHAMBOOKS.COM
Tue Apr 28 13:17:40 UTC 2009

This page was sent to you by: ann at burlinghambooks.com.

Just as I stopped reeling from the shock of finding out, only yesterday, that "nonplussed" and "bemused" have whole new meanings, the Times knocks me back today with the use of "nonplusment". Imagine my nonplusation. (Which probably no more reasonable a formation, but it appears in my venerable darling, the Webster's 2nd.)

THEATER | April 26, 2009
A Long Wait for Another Shot at Broadway
By CHARLES ISHERWOOD
To anyone with a glancing knowledge of culture, Samuel Beckett's play "Waiting for Godot" is now almost as familiar a brand as Tide detergent or MTV.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/26/theater/26ishe.html?emc=eta1

ABOUT THIS E-MAIL
This e-mail was sent to you by a friend through NYTimes.com's E-mail This Article service.  For general information about NYTimes.com, write to help at nytimes.com.

NYTimes.com 620 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10018

Copyright 2009 The New York Times Company