"store" 'restaurant'

Victor aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 30 05:27:53 UTC 2009

I've heard the same at Starbucks and at oil-change (e.g., Jiffy-Lube)
and tire chains (e.g., NTB) as well (no, the latter two would not be
restaurants by any stretch of imagination). Generally, I can also
confirm corporate-speak refers to franchises as "stores" irrespectively
of what it is that they actually sell. Domino's, Panera, Starbucks and
McDonald's all have "stores" despite radically different kinds of
service each of them provides. On a different note, which of these might
be called "restaurant" in any jargon?

    VS-)