Trivial note on pronunciation: forehead

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 6 21:24:08 UTC 2009

Forrid for forehead?  Not in USA I would think.  Sounds UK.  They do a lot of word squeezing over there, dropping "h" "r" "c" and other sounds and syllables in words.  My least favorite is "fat" for "fact".

Down south USA "head" is two syllables in some places. HEY-yud ~heyud, expanding it one syllable.  I don't think UK does expansion.

see truespel.com

http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/LearnMore/personalize.aspx?ocid=PID23391::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HYGN_express:082009