"It comes at _the_ fraction of the cost." [NT]

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 9 03:07:15 UTC 2009

Right, Tony! I've been asked the meaning of [NT] before. At the time,
I suggested that the questioner use the term so as to familiarize
people with the term. Unfortunately, that was the last time that he
posted, some ten years ago, perhaps. However, since I've seen [NT]
used elsewhere, I thought that it was okay to use it here.

Sorry about that.

-Wilson

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Tony Au<todeau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Tony Au <todeau at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject:      Re: "It comes at _the_ fraction of the cost." [NT]
>
> NT = no text (in the body of the email/post/etc.)
>

> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>wrote:

>> -----------------------
>> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>> Poster:       Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
>> Subject:      Re: "It comes at _the_ fraction of the cost." [NT]

>> At 9:19 AM -0400 8/8/09, Mark Mandel wrote:
>> >"[NT]"?  Surely not = "New Testament", at least any translation I've ever
>> >seen.
>> >
>> New Topic, I assume?  Or is that a josh?
>>
>> LH

-Wilson
–––
-----