Being inebriated

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Aug 17 13:09:02 UTC 2009

It might be interesting to compare the 1771/1770 lists of 80 terms,
from The Providence Gazette and the Gentleman's Magazine, with the
1736 list of 227 terms that is still erroneously referred to as
Benjamin Franklin's.  There are more than a few in Ben's list I don't
recall from 1736, including "tar on his heel".

Joel