a locus classicus for fronted "anymore"

Scot LaFaive slafaive at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 18 16:58:06 UTC 2009

> I'm surprised! I must have heard more positive (including fronted)
> _anymore_s during the four years I lived in Wisconsin than I heard in my
> other 60 years living in the Northeast and California.

I'm surprised as well. I've lived in Wisconsin all my life (four years in
the Madison area and 30 in the west central area), and I can't remember
hearing natives of either area using positive "anymore" on any regular (or
irregular) basis. Whereabouts did you live in Wisconsin. This is very
interesting. Wonder what DARE says about this for Wisconsin.... (Joan?)

Scot