"and which" = of which; and

Tue Aug 18 20:21:00 UTC 2009

Again, this is a well known Southern feature-- and frequently commented on here.  What is next--invariant "be"? "Its a boy in my school name Darro"? Front rounded vowels among California youth?
------Original Message------
From: Herb Stahlke
Sender: ADS-L
To: ADS-L
ReplyTo: ADS-L
Subject: Re: [ADS-L] "and which" = of which; and
Sent: Aug 18, 2009 1:02 PM

Unless this is simply a production error, it looks like a variant of
the usage I posted on earlier this summer:

We were going to have a picnic Saturday, which it rained.

The use with "and" is interesting, and I've heard it used this way
before, but it reinforces the sense that "which" gets used in some
kinds of coordinate clauses.

Herb