"POPULATION IS GROWING" SAYING (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 19 01:32:25 UTC 2009

>"The sum of the intelligence on the planet is
> a constant, but the population is growing."

That would seem to mean that a constant intelligence divided by an increasing population leads to a diminishing average.

If we're talking IQ it makes different sense.  The bell shaped curve of IQ probably would retain the same average and standard deviation with a larger population.  But knowledge does advance.  What is known now is far in advance of what was ever known before.  Techno-creep.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling