more on -er (UNCLASSIFIED)

Seán Fitzpatrick grendel.jjf at VERIZON.NET
Sat Dec 5 13:37:47 UTC 2009

True but irrelevant statements about the overheated nature of controversy in
the public prints are still irrelevant, especially when the press is mostly
trying to smother rather than fan the flames, but I guess if there is such a
cornucopia of controversy-denying Web posting that one can easily grab a
handful, there is no controversy.  Meanwhile...
Michael Mann is under investigation at Penn State (http://snurl.com/tkg4j  -
Michael Mann first of climate change scientists to be investigated),
and has started (only now?!?!) posting his data on line
(http://snurl.com/tkgh3  - The Associated Press: UK climate scientist to
temporarily step down),
Phil Jones has been suspended as head of the East Anglia CRU pending an
investigation (http://snurl.com/tkg5c  - Climate research chief Phil Jones
stands down pending inquiry into leaked emails at East Anglia university |
Environment | The Guardian), and

Al Gore is babbling behind his security detail (http://snurl.com/tkg5w  - We
Chicago) and canceling his lecture in Copenhagen (http://snurl.com/tkg88  -
Google Translate).
Nope.  No controversy here.  Just keep moving on.

Just as there are lots of Web items explaining why there is nothing there,
there are lots beginning to explain what is there.  (And for the record, the
EA-CRU docs were downloaded from a public server.  They may have been placed
there prematurely, in anticipation of an FOIA request, but they were not
stolen.  Whatever happened to the sanctity of the whistleblower?)  They show
that scientists at the center
(http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/17364) of the scientific
support for the IPCC's reports, which in turn is the strong pillar
supporting the the-scientific-consensus-is-settled meme, have suppressed,
alterd, and cherry picked data, faked results, and corrupted the peer-review
process to advance a political and financial agenda:
http://snurl.com/tkgi1  - Cube Antics | The Proof Behind the CRU Climategate
Debacle: Because Computers Do Lie When Humans Tell Them To,
http://snurl.com/tkgig  - Fraudulent hockey sticks and hidden data « JoNova,

http://snurl.com/tkgi5  - More on Climategate - Clive Crook, the Atlantic,
http://snurl.com/tkgie  - Climategate and credibility: an epistemic detour -
Clive Crook,, the Atlantic
http://snurl.com/tkgg4  - Climategate III: The Mystery of the Missing Data -
Megan McArdle, the Atlantic,
http://snurl.com/tkgg8  - Lord Monckton’s summary of Climategate and its
issues « Watts Up With That?,
http://snurl.com/tkghc  - Climategate grows to include other research
institutions « Watts Up With That?).

I am sure that if I published recipes for "hot dogs" from an 1820 cookbook,
there would be no rush to antedate if I said that my notes on the title and
location of my source had been lost, stolen, strayed, or shredded.  And a
17C manuscript from the Vatican's archives declaring that "we have to get
rid of the moons of Jupiter" would be considered no small revelation.

Seán Fitzpatrick-er
ANTHROPOGENIC CONTINENTAL DRIFT:
For when Global Warming just isn't silly enough anymore.
http://www.logomachon.blogspot.com/